Memorandum of the Society
Article - I
- The name of the Society shall be "Indian Society for Medical Statistics' (ISMS in abridged form), hereinafter called the "Society" and its activities shall extend to even outside India.
Article - II
- To promote and advance the discipline of medical statistics including medical computing.
- To propagate principles of medical statistics in different areas of medicine, health, population and related disciplines.
- To formulate and advise the standards of education and training for medical personnel in medical statistics and to recommend adequate teaching facilities for the purpose.
- To promote research in medical statistics.
- To deal with any matter relating to medical statistics concerning the country and to do all other things as are cognate to the subjects of the ISMS.
- To safeguard the interest of medical statisticians and other members of ISMS.
- To promote ethical standards in the practice of statistics in medicine.
Article - III
For the attainment and in furtherance of the above aims, the Society may:
- Hold annual conferences and periodic scientific meetings.
- Print, publish, translate, sell, lend and distribute information whether in the form of a periodical, journal or books, monographs, treatises or pamphlets and distribute the same among its members/non-members.
- Publish annual reports of the Society and from time to time special bulletin.
- Advise the Government and other bodies on various aspects of medical statistics including legislative, administrative, educational and research aspects.
- To co-operate with professional and other bodies in the advancement of medial and other sciences including joining other national or international societies.
- Purchase or acquire on lease or otherwise any movable or immovable property necessary or convenient for the purpose of the Society.
- Sell, improve, manage, develop, transfer or dispose off any such property of the Society.
- Collect subscriptions and donations; disburse funds for all or any of the aims of the Society.
- Invest any money of the Society not immediately required for any of the aims in such manner as may, from time to time, to be determined by the Society.
- Do all such things and matters as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them which are subsidiary to the said aim.
- Create or assist in creating regional and local branches for any of the purposes aforesaid.
- Institute, maintain and grant prizes, certificates, awards and other distinctions.